Wednesday 4 March 2015

15. To the barn. Then back home


The recent breezes had taken their toll on the cover. I had paid a kings ransom for that too. I cut it off, chucked it away and pumped up the tyres.


Freyja was still there. The hailstones were there too after a huge fall in the night. Big string and wire rope everywhere. I tidied her up a bit for her short ride to the barn where I hoped to give her a chance to dry out a bit and add some varnish on the wood bits.


Mr Crofter turned up on time in his Pimpmobile and towed herself to the village barn. Only thing was, the door was too small. Actually it wasn't but what with the slope up to the door there was no way Freyja was going in - with or without the mast on top.

So back she came and now she sits forlorn in the little driveway at home. HHHCB [the cat] is very happy with things. She loves the boat to climb on!

Many thanks to Stuart and family for the previous use of their yard, The North Tolsta Grazings Committee for agreeing to let me use the barn - even though I couldn't get the thing in, to The Crofter and Dad Crofter for the tow and, to Murray for helping along the way.

1 comment: